Monday, September 7, 2009

Madison is STILL perfect



Just wanted to throw that out there... it's been two days since her baptism and she is STILL perfect! How awesome that this is such a big deal to her. Mind you, we all (Madi included) realize she'll trip up sometime but that's what the Atonement is all about, right?

We had a nice turn out at her baptism. Our only family members present (besides Ken, Todd and me) were Marcia, Scott, and Charlie Johnson (my sister and her family). Madi was pretty sad that neither of her grandparents could make it, but she had several new friends from her primary class who came, and several local family friends. Our old neighbors and very close friends, Connie and Val Langlois also came. Why that is worth mentioning is because they do not share our religion but understood that this was a big deal to Madison so wanted to be there to share the special event with her.

I talked to Connie after the baptism and she thought it was awesome -- said she cried several different times she was so touched. She is a very spiritual person, thoroughly committed to her religion. We have always had frank open discussions about Mormonism vs. Catholicism. So afterwards, when I asked her what she thought, she told me. She didn't think it was weird. She didn't think we were strange. She thought it was a very spiritual and a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I love that we can talk openly about religion, despite the differences between the two.

2 comments:

Macy said...

Congrats to Madi! That is wonderful. Hope you guys are doing well.

Ann said...

Congratulation you got baptized! I am so happy for you. I wish I could have been there too. I'm getting baptized on October 11. I miss you.
Best Friends Forever.
Vilate