Monday, February 22, 2010

Man, life happens!

"Where does the time go?", "It seems like only yesterday...", "I remember when...", "there aren't enough hours in a day"... I used to roll my eyes and laugh when I heard these phrases, particularly if they were uttered by my "old" mom. (sorry mom, you weren't REALLY old -- I was just really young).

Now I AM my mom, I think, as I hurridly rush around trying to fit in as much as possible in a day only to fall into bed, lay awake for hours wishing my overactive mind would turn off so my exhausted body could sleep only to rise again a few hours later to start it all over again. Compound the overactive mind with a jacked up sleep schedule as I work night shift and have to readjust from nights to days every couple of days. A perfect recipe for insomnia if ever there was one.

And now I've decided to add college back into the mix of "things to do" because I'm not getting any younger and I have plans. First my BSN, then my Masters... then onto becoming a Licensed Nurse Practitioner. There's no time like the present. Might just as well get started, right? I got my acceptance at UT of Arlington today and have registered for my first class: English Composition II: Critical thinking.

I'll let you know how it all turns out. In the meantime, I have a daughter to tuck in, a house to clean, laundry to wash, and dishes to do. And then I'm going to go lay in bed and fall asleep just before the sun comes up.

3 comments:

LL said...

WONDERWOMAN! If anyone can do it, it's YOU. and you'll make it all fun!
(just keep the diet coke near by)
Hope you're liking the new new area.

Browns said...

Wow...you make me tired just reading that! Good luck with it all and here's hoping you get a little bit of sleep in there somewhere!

Unknown said...

I've been doing a lot of thinking and growing up myself lately, and I thought to myself "Man, life happens." Thinking it sounded cool, I googled it and came up with this blog. I like it! I find the whole thought you're talking about very interesting. How have things changed over the past year for you?
If there is a follow up blog, I'd be interested in reading it :)