Sunday, November 9, 2008

The funny things kids say...

If you know me at all, you'll know that I love a good joke -- something to induce a big chuckle, or even better a gut-wrenching laughing fit. That said, I'm blessed to have funny people in my life. Todd is quick witted and often has me in tears (laughing, not crying) and Kendon...well, he's a witty one too. Madison loves to tell jokes that often aren't that funny to me, but to her they are HILARIOUS! Watching her laugh at herself makes me laugh.

She has said a couple of things this weekend that have made me chuckle. And whenever I think about them, they still make me chuckle... so here are a couple of conversations that had me laughing:

Scenario: Kendon getting ready for our "date night" and Madison being the fashion consultant:

Madison: "Oh Daddy, it doesn't matter what you wear because you are handsome in everything."
Kendon: "Thanks Madi, ok, what do you think about this?" (pulls out a sweater and jeans that I love).
Madison: "Mmmmm...no. You can definately do better. You look like Grandpa in that."


Scenario: Kristi getting ready for church, Madison taking her time in the shower:

Kristi: "C'mon, Madison, you have to hurry up. We're leaving in half an hour."
Madison: "Oh mom, you know I'm just like elastic."
Kristi: "Huh? What do you mean?"
Madison: "You know, that liquid stuff that moves really, really slow."
Then it dawned on me -- MOLASSES.

1 comment:

Scott said...

That was funny. Thanks for the laugh. You know what makes me laugh every time I see it? My FB profile picture. Poor Charlie is putting great effort into reaching his arms up as high as he can...completely oblivious to the fact that he's supposed to be measuring his arm span. That gets me every time.