Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane Ike hit Galveston & Houston, TX Sept. 13th




















So, the hurricane hit Galveston dead on, then went on to Houston and up through Kingwood and Porter... fortunately for my friends in Kingwood, the "eye" of the storm went over them instead of to the West... they received heavy rain, wind, and loss of electric, but avoided being in the path of the resulting tornados and debris dump that is generally associated with being on the "dirty side" of the hurricane (the east side of the eye).

Although the power is out and will likely be out for a few weeks, I have heard that my friends are ok. What a huge relief. I've attached a couple of pics of the damage and flooding from Hurricane Ike so far. The water is still rising in the bayou's around the Houston area so there will likely be more destruction in the coming days. I'm just grateful that my "peeps" are safe.

1 comment:

Browns said...

I'm so glad you had those pictures...we haven't been able to see anything with our power out. Our power will be out for another week or so also. I'm glad everyone in Kingwood is safe. Where did you find those photos?