Friday, September 19, 2008

Strapless bras and other stuff

Aha... got your attention with the title, eh?

Let me first start out by saying I've been sick the past week -- sicker than I can ever remember. In fact, my poor sister, Marcia, is here visiting and I got sick the evening she arrived... started with a sore throat & headache then progressed within a day to include dizziness and vomiting whenever I raised my head off the pillow. Suffice it to say, I spent an entire 24 hour period in bed, sleeping, and frequently throwing up. Can't say that was a lot of fun, but it has given me a point of reference on which to base the rest of the week. Since my "sleep-in", I have definately gotten better, but I am not healthy... just on the mend. I hate being sick.

Needless to say, it hasn't exactly been an eventful visit for Marcia and Charlie as we've pretty much stayed pretty close to home. Fortunately, though, they have remained healthy. And so has Todd. Kendon and Madi have had some sinus congestion and a cough, but neither of them were as sick as me. I say that as a joke, sort of, even though it's REALLY true, since I've been telling Kendon all week that I'm whining because I'm way sicker than he is.

OK, now enough of my whining... on to more interesting topics like strapless bras. So, you might know that Kendon and I are heading to Florida for a little business trip. I found this cute dress that requires a certain type of undergarment which was not a part of my wardrobe. So we went shopping. For bras. Of the strapless variety. Only, here's the thing... strapless bras are not made for women with real boobs. There's no support. In fact, I've decided that if I was to compare wearing a strapless bra to wearing no bra at all, it feels about the same.

Just when I'd about given up, Marcia came upon this slick little bra with clear plastic straps. Guess what??? It's awesome! You get the support and you can't see the strap under the sheer dress... works for me. I'll let you know later how it all works out.

And the last thing, not to be diminished by any of the previous information, is that today I received my new washing machine... pristine and perfect. It is SWEET! Runs so quiet you can hardly tell it is on, and spins at 1200 rpm without a wobble. I can't believe how much I missed having a washing machine until mine broke. And I've been without it for over a month. It's been a LONG MONTH... but like everything else, things are getting better.

2 comments:

Scott said...

You were sick, but we still made you stay up until 2 a.m. to play. Aren't we great?

Scott said...

P.S. The comment says it's from Scottie boy, but it's really from me, your darling sister.